Monday, October 5, 2009

Ocho

Day Eight since I've gotten back into things.

Today I stepped on the scale at the Y, the scale I am using as my base scale, and I am down six pounds! Not bad for one week. I probably couldn't lose that again, and nor should I, it's too much for one week, but the first week back always goes like that, you lose "water weight." I like losing water weight. A lot.

Today I went to the gym over the lunch hour to do back and biceps. I didn't have too much time so I could only sneak in 20 minutes of cardio, which was fine because my roommate and I had made plans to go to the Eastside Y after work. This time I did 50 minutes of cardio- 25 treadmill, 15 elip, and 10 more treadmill. I think I am going to sleep like a baby tonight. I'm amazed at how much more centered I feel when I workout on a regular basis. All these endorphins rushing around...I'm laughing and singling and and mentally calm and centered. So great. Stress levels are way down at the office too.

I think I've got my nutrition plan figured out. Here is what I've been eating every day for the last week:

  • 7:30 AM 1/3 cup (when dry) oatmeal w/2 Tbs ground flax, handful of blueberries, cinnamon & 1 scoop berry protien powder, coffee with splenda and a splash of cream (I know I need to omit the cream..)

  • 10:30 AM 1 container fat-free 0% greek yougurt, 12 raw almonds, 4-5 celery sticks, small spoonful peanut butter

WORKOUT HERE

  • 1:30 PM 10 oz soup made with: pureed squash, chicken broth, chicken breast, kale, spinach, blackbeans, sage, onions, garlic, and salt & pepper.

  • 4:15 PM bok choy chicken salad, or 4 oz chicken breast w/veggies

OR WORKOUT HERE

  • 7:00 PM Fish/chicken /scrambled egg whites with veggies. Maybe have a kombucha or some sweet potatos if I worked out in the evening and feel my carbs stores are really low.

  • 9:00 PM If hungry- 1 scoop protein mixed with water and/or 1Tbs all-natural peanut butter.
  • Plenty of water all day long, fish oils and glucosamine too.
Remove Formatting from selection

This menu seems to be working for me, and I am enjoying it. Eating clean does not have to be bland. I cook my chicken breast with tons of different spices, and I add vinegars, lemon juice and spices and garlic or whatever to the sauted veggies. I haven't had to splurge on sugar-free popsicles or sugar-free pudding yet, and the longer I can hold out the better. That stuff just sparks cravings. Gateway drugs!

On a scale of 1-10 I would give my motivation level an 8.5 right now. Feeling good doing good.