Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Nuts and Berries

Today is day 15 of The Project. I need to make a logo.

I have been going strong except for for a little blip Sunday evening. Plymale and I decided to hang out and have dinner together, and as my best friend, he is able to easily twist my arm into going out for a cocktail. I don't think he had to twist it at all actually....but anyways, we ended up going to the Tornado Room and to Gennas. I think cheating with cocktails, especially dessert martini-style cocktails, is absolutley decadent because you get the delisciousness of dessert, plus the kick or booze, baby!

They had my most favorite dessert martini of all time on their specialty menu- the Nuts and Berries Martini. The first and only other time I had tasted one of these was at the Blue River Bistro in Breckenridge this summer (those were a steal at 2 for 1 ...two $9 martini's for the price of one? Why, yes, I'd love another, thank you!)
The Nuts and Berries Martini contains Chambord, Frangelico, and Baileys. Totally sinful. Was it worth 2 days of puffiness and no progress? Perhaps. The mind needs it sometimes. Maybe not though- I sabotaged my Monday because of it.

****

So I tried on the jeans in my closet that I had been afraid to try on all summer-including the scariest of all...my skinnys! (I do laugh that they are a size 14 but still called "skinny" but what we are referring to is the cut and fit, not the way I look in them. We can call them tight and tapered...) I would not have been able to put them on three weeks ago. Well, I probably could have but it would have looked obscene. Imagine my delight as I ease them on, up, and zipped with ease! A small victory. I am not down a size yet but we will see what happens.
ZOMG
Being able to wear my skinny jeans comfortably is just enough results and motavation for me to keep on keeping on. My head is held up a little higher and I'm that much more confident. This week was off to a bit of a rough start- my late night cocktailing on Sunday cut into my grocery shopping time, so I want sent off to work on Monday without any meals. I had my oatmeal/protein breakfast, but I had to do a Gino's run for lunch. I had to skip my workout too due to a busy work schedule, and afterwork was laundry and groceries and cooking. See?Just like THAT it can all go to hell. Preparation is everything. 5-6 meals a day, clean workout clothes, and rest, rest, rest. Not to mention the workouts themselves and all that water. As much as I can drink.

It is starting to get dark by 5:30ish, and it is pretty dark when I get up in the morning. I'm finding it tough to get out of bed- the hibernating grizzly bear side of me just wants to stay in my den til I'm ready to leave it!

I have some fun stuff coming up. I get to go to Chicago this Sunday for a mini getaway to see Wilco. Michael got tickets and invited me along. Why not? Wilco is so-so, but Chicago est bueno. We are staying at Hotel Sax on the river downtown, and the place looks nice. I am trying to decide whether I want to go to the Field Mueseum or the Industry mueseum or the art mueseum, or just play try-not-to-catch-cooties-or-get-in-the-middle-of-a-bum-fight. Either way, I have Monday and Tuesday off from work. Oh and the hotel has a nice fitness center too!


Hotel Sax


***


The North Face Endurace Challenge is October 24th. I decided I am going to run it, even though I quit training for it 3 weeks ago because of Dr.'s orders. The race is 13.1 miles and I have 4 hours to do it. That's 3.3 miles an hour. I think I can do it. Plus I really want to go! I want my North Face tech shirt and socks!


NFEC Slogan




Oh, I will, thankyouverymuch. And I'll do it in approximately 3 hours and forty five minutes' time!





That same evening after the race, (and after a long nap...) we are hosting a Wall of Beer party at the crib. It's a vest party. Vests mando. MANDO!