Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fairy Dog Mother

My housemate and brother AJ and I have both wanted to get a dog for a while now, so the time is right once the 3rd roommate moves out. We've decided on a corgi as the breed, but haven't looked into anything further yet. I'm excited, I think I'll really enjoy taking care of a pet. We'll see.

Went to the gym after work today and did upper body weights. I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow, which is good. I didn't get any cardio in today though. That will be unacceptable soon. I haven't fully turned it on yet as far as the official cutting routine; I'm just warmng up right now. Once I officially begin, I will be doing 8 cardio sessions a week... Yup, twice a day some days! Oy!

I STILL haven't made it to the grocery store this week! Had a good healthy dinner at K's house tonight- turkey burgers (no bun) and veggies. I did not weigh or measure the food though, since A. I didn't bring a food scale, and B. Haven't officially started yet. I'll do my official start date as June 21, which is this Sunday.

In a bit of exciting summer news, I'm going out to Breckenrige, CO for an extended 4th of July weekend with MP. He's going out to the Firecracker 50 MTB race to support the GT Bicycles Golden Race series, and asked me to join him. Hells yes! I'm doing a 10k trail run while I'm out there, along with shopping and spa time. I love the west, and miss the granduer of mountainscape. I can't wait to see the Rockies! Warms my icy heart.