Sunday, November 14, 2010

Focus, Tiff.

This is my first post in 2.5 weeks! I am still alive and well. I will admit that hectic work travel and poor planning and social choices has caused more off days than I'd like these past few weeks, but I'd say I've been 60% with it. I am still on path to my goals, I have lost 14 lbs to date. It could probably be more if these past two weeks had been tightened up, but ah vell!  I think I always go a little "crazy" as the time changes and early darkness sets in for fall. And, the social choices I made felt really needed- made a new friend and spent time with them, went on a few dates, and had some Halloween fun. Because I want fitness to be my lifestyle, I am trying to learn to balance things. I don't want there to be a 100% or 0% situation, I want to be 90/10. Make sense? I do need to refocus this week though. As always, the eating is 85% of everything, so planning is very important as is abstaining from liqua.

My upper body is really coming along nicely. There has been significant change to my chest, shoulderz, back, and biceps. Better muscularity than I have ever had, and as I cut down I think I am really going to like what I see. I do need to incorporate triceps and core more. For some reason those have been falling to the wayside. Glutes/legs are ok, I carry most of my undesirable weight in my ass/thighs so although I know the muscle is developing nicely you can't see it well yet. This is why I think it is time to ramp up the amount of cardio I do. I want to ride the trainer for 30 minutes in the mornings before work, to get it out of the way and jumpstart my metabolism and start burning pure fat. I get the nicest legs when I cycle regularly. It is even more effective than running for me, probably because it directly stirs the quads and things. Gets the blood flowing, yo.

So my goal this week is to be 100%.