Monday, September 10, 2012

Fresh Steps

I got new shoes today! There's nothing like new shoes to get you amped up to run around. Thank you, Amazon for your speedy delivery and reasonable pricing. The shoes I have currently, are the same exact model that my sweet sister Debbie gave me for Christmas. Deb owns a chain of specialty running shoes stores in Salt Lake City, so my current shoes are top-knotch in style and support, so I stuck with the same exact kind except those were magenta accented and these have a lively green punch to them.

Some people say you should get a new pair of shoes every 300 miles. I have no idea how many running miles or elliptical miles or squats I've done in my magenta shoes but I just felt like they were getting a little worn out.  I think it will be nice to look down and see a little green flash as I run this fall and winter. Can't wait to take my new shoes out for a spin tomorrow during a lunchtime jog.

My upper back and neck area still feels pinched. I kinda tweaked it on Thursday doing triceps, but I totally sealed the deal Saturday during shoulders - overhead presses. It feels like there are hot knots all along my  right shoulder blade and up to my neck. This tends to be a problem area for me and it gets pinched once or twice a year, probably because 1.) I'm using a computer mouse with that arm all day, and likely not in an ergonomic fashion. or, 2.) I think I also carry stress tension there? Damn traps!

I got it rubbed out a bit and I think that helped, but we will see what it is like tomorrow. Tuesday is Back & Biceps day. I don't want to tweak it more doing lat pull-downs or rows so I need to use cation. Truthfully I think I was trying to lift too heavy for 15 reps. It is hard for me to choose lighter weight. I think its a mental thing. I'm going to have a casein shake and take my vitamins and get to bed early and hope it is even more healed tomorrow. Send your good vibes my way!