Monday, October 4, 2010

BORING

Went running at lunch today. Got home from work and just felt bored. Its not like I don't have things I could be doing- cleaning, reading, organizing, etc. but I just didn't FEEL like doing anything. I already cooked yesterday so I'm good there through tomorrow eve. I thought about going to the gym for a second sesh but after my intense weekend all my muscles are sore and in repair stage, and my legs were tired from not only lifting but from running. I am being cautious as to not going too hardcore at first. There is something to be said about easing into things to prevent injury. I don't like the term "easing" into it because I bust my ass at the gym and I push myself on my runs, but I haven't gotten to the twice a day workout stage. My eating is on lock, so as long as I am consistant with that and getting in consistant good quality workouts I'm going to get there. I guess I'm a little hard on myself when I have downtime and am not excersizing. This is where I think I need to sign up to do hot yoga. I'm not there yet.

Haha, downtime. My friends with kids would roll their eyes about that, but what can I say? I have no kids, no pets, no plants, no boyfriends.....but I do have expanded cable. I ended up planking on the floor in the living room watching Hoarders. That show is gross. TV really does rot your brain. Then I had some chai tea with some stevia and almond milk. just a splash!

Tomorrow I am going to run at lunch, and lift after work. I'm doing chest for sure, and maybe glutes but my hamstrings and quads still hurt so I'm not sure. I love feeling my muscles get tighter and I love being sore. I'm glad I am not as sore as was the first week - holy cow that was bad. I will also do core tomorrow. Planks, bicycles, snd the captains chair. I need to get a solid arm day in on Wednesday. So far I've just piddled around with AJ's weights at home and get my bis/tris/shoulders sore enough where they hurt the next day but never a routine til failure like I do back/chest/legs.

I'm making it a point not to weigh myself for the first few weeks here, because I don't care so much about the number and I don't want to get discouraged. I feel slimmer though and can definitly tell in my face already. All over really, I just feel a bit more slim and toned. My fitness is also increasing. Everytime I run I can go faster, longer.

atta girl.