Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lift Life

Day 16

It was a killer workout weekend for me. Yesterday was leg/glutes and chest plus 30 minutes of cardio. I did 5 different leg/glute moves for a total of 13 sets of 12 reps, and for chest I did 6 sets of 12.

I really feel like I got my post-workout nutrition on point yesterday. I had packed a scoop of quick-absorb protein in my new Pro shaker, and brought 8 oz of carrot juice with, so as soon as I finished stretching I went back to the locker room and mixed up the juice and some water with the protein and drank it right there so it could replenish my glycogen stores and sweep that protein up into those hungry muscles.

I just love working out on the weekends. I can actually take my time, and really make it count. Plus the gym is always slow, so there is no waiting for equipment or distractions.


 Today was back and triceps. I really like working my back, when I first got into lifting I didn't any other back exercises besides lat pull downs, but now I've rounded that up with a mix that hits each main back area.

I'm proud of my effort with cardio today. I was feeling pretty good, so after I warmed up walking on the treadmill I would kick it up to a fast run pace and try to hang on for 90-120 seconds. Then I'd walk 3 more minutes and repeat until it had been 30 minutes.  I can already feel my fitness improving, which is motivating. I ended my sesh with some ab work- planks, bicycle crunches and some pilates work.



just tea. no sugar, no sweeteners.
 Sunday afternoon and I'm getting ready to cook. AGAIN. No breaks there, I tell ya what. It is a bit tedious, but when I do cook I make sure it is for at least 2 days worth, and frankly, its not like I'm doing anything else with my time as this is my number one priority. Plus cooking is kind of zen for me.

I was stoked to learn that the co-op serves slow-cooked oatmeal at their salad bar in the mornings. An 8oz container ended up costing me $.94 cents, which is costly when you consider what oats cost, but well worth the price for the convenience. I had just walked over there this morning to get a coffee to drink while I cooked my oats at home, but bam! There it was. And it was delicious. I cooked up 3 egg whites to go on the side and had my dark coffee mixed with unsweetenedd chocolate almond milk for a wholesome power breakfast. Buying pre-made oatmeal was a huge treat, it tasted better than mine and was like my version of Sunday brunch. I wish I could afford to buy it everyday....but that would be fiscally irresponsible and along with this fitness endeavor I'm getting my finances in line too.

Ok, time to go cut up veggies and bake some chicken. again. :)