Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Night Lights

Its a gorgeous full moon tonight. Big and bright, its lighting up the whole sky.

I had to stay late at work and it was a helluva week so I was pretty beat when I pulled into the driveway this evening. Fridays are always busy for me, and today I had back to back phone interviews plus an employee issue and a mini-crisis so I couldn't get away from my desk to workout at lunch. Of course I ate clean and drink plenty of water all day. People at work are starting to know something is up - I eat 4 of my meals during work hours. I could eat the first of those meals at home (breakfast) but my morning doesn't work out like that. Today as I nuked my 4 pm meal and brought it to my office the IT guy was like "are you just now eating lunch?" and so I took the opportunity to explain my behaivor as of late, "no, I eat every 3 hours" he was like "oh one of those grazing things" and so I was like, "pretty much, yeah."  Good enough. I know he and the others have noticed I eat at my desk quite a bit. Or maybe no one really notices. My boss knows whats up and still teases me about eating so often, although she supports me and helps me make excuses for not attending optional business lunches. Much appreciated.

Can I just say I dislike the term "grazing"? It reminds me of cattle. But I digress.

I decompressed for an hour or so after getting home this eve, fighting the internal battle of go workout vs. go out to happy hour/dinner. The good news is that since I am so committed to the project I know that the guilt trip is totally not worth skipping the workout. So I told myself I was going to go rip it up at the gym, and then I could go out if I wanted to. Of course once I workout I only feel like being healthy any taking care of myself, so here I am, blogging, sippin on the home grown. HERB TEA 4 LIFE