Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm Illi

Left work at 3 today to come home and rest. This cold I have been battling has moved from my throat to my sinuses/head, with body aches to boot. I'm totally bummed about it because although my body is worn, my mind is like "Go! Go! Go!" and I really wish I had the physical strength to put in a good workout today. Ah well. I do understand the importance of resting when I need to, I guess I just wasn't expecting this. I mean, c'mon, it's day SIX! But- that is part of my theory of why I'm sick. I think it's part of the detoxification process. The sudden 180 probably put my system into bit of a shock and I'm sure my immune system was affected too. So when my defenses were down, the sickness strikes. I really hope I kick this in the next few (hours!) days.

This is kind of humorous- so Tuesday was chest day, and just like my first big back and glutes day, I'm sore as hell today from it, here two days later. Well the muscular chest pain is playing tricks on me with this whole cold thing, and it makes it feel like my chest is tight and super congested, when in reality it is not.

Whelp, I double dosed on sugar-free tussin a bit ago and I'm drinking tons of water. I have to go cook now, sick or not. These clean meals won't prepare themselves and I need to be armed and ready to go.

(please note I am currently accepting sympathy, chicken soup, and massages. Inquire within.)

:)