Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ms. New Booty

I'm still piecing together some sort of a routine. I figure I'll just get back into the swing of things, and work one major muscle part per day.  Inspired by this badass glute workout, I decided to I might as well give it a try and make today a glute day.

Here is what I did:
  • Leg Press (feet together): 3 sets of 12 reps
  • Butt Blaster - 3 drop sets of 12-15 reps, finish with 5 partial reps
  • Cable Kickbacks: 3 sets of 12- reps, each leg (this was HARD!!)
  • Hip Abductor -  2 sets of 10-12 reps, finish with 5 partial reps
The 5th excersise she demonstrates in the video workout is a Smith Machine lunge, which I did not do because I need a spotter and I want to get a little stronger before I make a fool of myself on that. That is OK though, because I totally killed. It. My heartrate was soaring, and I totally felt the burn. Walking and sitting tomorrow is going to be a challenge. I love it. I am going to do a glute workout twice per week, it is a strong muscle group and one I want to focus on.
 
I finished up with 30 minutes of walk/run treadmill cardio, and a long stretch sesh. I am now downing my post workout meal, an organic apple and a carton of Fage fat-free plain Greek yogurt, with a partial scoop of protein powder. And my supplements: Fish oils, glucosamine, and my multi-v. I am rounding up the ingredients to make those turkey meatloaf muffins I mentioned. It'll be my first time making them, but Fitness superstar Jaime Eason invented the recipe, and since she is basically my idol, I have to try them.

Fitness Model Jamie Eason